/

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santa...


Okay... can you all believe that Joshua is almost a year old??? In exactly 2 weeks 1 day, 12 hrs and 46 minutes Joshua will be One! Yes I sat there and actually counted the weeks down to the hour.. Well I rounded up it to 8pm! Can you believe it? Me and John can't...

So 11 things I love about my 11 month old:

1. His new found ability to gasp at any and everything that looks neat to him... he will just gasp, and if we happen to be in Target (which is HIS FAVORITE store ... okay maybe mommy's) he will gasp so much I am sure people look at me like my child is having an asthma attack and I am doing nothing about it... LOL.. One of the first times he did this was when we turned on his christmas tree for his room, he gasped, and then again when we turned on our christmas tree for the living room he did it yet again...

2. Oh goodness.. I love the need for a baby gate with this boy. He gets into EVERYTHING! He scopes out the room (or so me and John think) for the thing he shouldn't play with the most, and dashes for it... He gets into anything and everything... so if the Henry's happen to be pay you a visit anytime soon, lock up anything of importance to you that you do not want Joshua to suck on, or play with.. LOL

3. Joshua has decided that crawling on his knees is better. He started this the week before Thanksgiving, and well he crawls everywhere.. and he is a fast booger. My favorite thing to do with Joshua is play hide and seek... I will crawl in front of him, hide in a room, and he will come and find me! It's fun! I love it, he just giggles.... Or we can call his name and he will come crawling... LOL

4. Daddy loves how he points, talks, and gasps. He will point at something and it's adorable. He is pointing all the time. He's a pointing machine...

5. Joshua talks ALL THE TIME! He talks continuously on the way to Nana's every morning, he talks as he is going to sleep, he talks, talks talks...

6. I love how Joshua will get so mad at night because he has sat up, and is so tired he can't bring himself to lay down.. LOL... it's always right as me and John close our eyes for the night, but it's still adorable. hehe!

7. I love how Joshua is beginning to look more and more like his daddy. When he does certain facial gestures, he reminds me so much of John! I love it.

8. I love how much he loves bathtime. I swear if I let him, he'd play in there for at least an hour.. shivering and all.. just playing.

9. I love how he looks foward to reading his stories and saying goodnight to the animals on his wall. In case many of you didn't read his previous blog, he has animals painted on his wall.. every night it has become a habit that John has to let him tell the giraffe, and monkey goodnight.

10. I love how Joshua has a lovey... Yep, that's what we call it. This blanket better be in his bed when he goes to sleep every night... it just better!

11. I love LOVE LOVE..... how he has learned to make the smooching sound.. Yep, he gives kisses... he will just smooch at you...Its adorable. He does it with the most handsome smile on his face.. if I can catch him with the video camera I will...

This is Joshua's favorite book... if you haven't read it, it is one of the sweetest night time books out there!!!
"If Animals Kissed Good Night" by Ann Whitford Paul

It's one of the cutest books out there.. there this line that says
"Papa Rhino and calf
would kiss tip a tap tap
smooching their horns in
a tip a tap rap"

By far Joshua's favorite line.. .LOL

Anyways we took Joshua out to the Vintage Township here in Lubbock, and we let him have his first experience with Santa... not good...
**not for the faint at heart**


Joshua was fine until we sat him on Santa's lap. Oh my gosh, saying that he hated it was an understatement.. He cried like we were going to leave him with this crazy dressed up old man.. Poor baby... typical first Santa encounter I hear from many parents out there. Ha! Well we stayed out there for about 10 more minutes and got some pictures and let Joshua look at the lights. They had a snow machine out there.. He thought that was pretty cool.

Also, me and John caved.... We let Joshua open up a christmas present early... It was a good thing we did..That little booger loves it! He walks around the house with it. He still is learning the function of this singing lion, but he loves it.



Finally, here are some pictures to tie you all over until the next blog!!


**ALSO.... I need your help! I need addresses to send out invites for Joshua's first birthday party. I hate to be foward, but please, if you wouldnt mind, could you please e-mail your address to mrandmrshenry@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it! Me and John would greatly appreciate it! :)

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

joshua is getting so big Casey. I can't believe he's nearly a year old already.