So it has been ages since I last updated the good ole blog. This summer has just flown by and I wish I could rewind and do things alot more fun and different.
There has just been no time to blog. The time that has been free, has been spent as a family together and therefore... no blogging.
Overall alot has changed in the Henry household since the last blog.
I received my first teaching job (1st grade)! I have been spending the last week and half in teacher in-service and let me just tell you something... There is no greater feeling then walking into a building and KNOWING that you are doing exactly what God wants you to do. Since I was offered this job there has not been one moment where I have questioned that this position was from God.. in fact, it fell into my life to act as a reminder that God has big things in store for me.
This summer has been one of growth for our family. I have had a season this summer where I faced one of the biggest struggles in my life and am using ammo from the Holy Spirit to fight it. Its a constant process day by day, but I find rest knowing that God has this magnificent plan, and he has something in store for me. I have learned that time wasted is time you can't get back and I can NOT believe all the time I wasted by worrying this Summer. I cannot believe it, but what I do believe is that God is in control despite our deepest fears and its just something you have to lay at his feet, second by second and trust him.
John is finishing up his last grad class where he actually has to report to campus tonight. It will be a blessing to have him home EVERY night of the week! And I know that he is looking forward to it as well.
Joshua has just blossomed. He has turned in to quite the 2 year old. He has a personality and he is learning to test his limits. He is potty trained - he has accidents every couple of days or so, but for the most part (besides nap and bedtime) we are on undies only and no pull ups. His vocabulary has turned my head a couple of times. He knows words that I didnt think he would at this age, but he does... and sometimes... he copies. This is a good thing for the most part except when you say the word.. i.d.i.o.t and he copies you. Yep, not one of our proudest parenting moments, but ah, we learned a lesson from it. He expresses himself so well and the fact that this kid talks in full sentences just blows my mind. Sometimes I look at him and just cannot believe that he is growing up so fast. I look at him and still see my lil baby Joshua, and then up against other 2 year olds, he looks 4. He just blows my mind. I think the sweetest thing is his imagination. This kid can imagine like I have never seen. He goes into his own little world and wants to take us along with him. Our bed, couch, or any piece of furniture is now a car. He will randomly go hunting for animals (Rhino being the current animal at this time). He also has a memory- he is developing some long term memory and it just is hard to grasp. He is one amazing little boy and I am lucky to have him as our son! One other thing (which I probably shouldn't say, because it may just jinx our luck) is that Joshua hasn't been sick since April 17th! It is just amazing what the surgery did for him. Its nice to be able to go outside and play and him not get sick. Its fantastic really and I love watching him discover the world God has put around him.
I look back at this summer and I can tell you a few things I have learned:
I know, without a shadow of a doubt that my sweet husband loves me! He chooses to love me every day and I don't know what I do without him. I have fallen in love with him in a new way this summer!
I love my sweet Joshua! He is a breath of fresh air. He is a constant reminder that God is SOOO big! I look into his sweet eyes and see that God has big plans for him. He is so caring and sweet when I was down, and it was some of the sweetest moments when he would give me squeezes (hugs) and kisses and say.. I love you! What a sweet precious little boy.
Being in tune with the Holy Spirit is a lifeline. If you don't have a personal relationship with Christ that draws you to want to spend more and more time in his word and in prayer just getting to know him... you are missing out! This summer I have learned how important it is to feel accepted by God. That God loves me despite the silly things I think in my head, or the insane ways I think about things. He loves me and has big plans!
I wasn't going to blog today and then I saw todays Air1 verse and it is..
"Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come" Jeremiah 33:3 and it was just liberating to know that I can ask God to tell me a secret and he will! :) How amazing is that!
Sorry this post wasn't alot of pictures... I will post when I can.
Until next time...
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment