
Yes as you can see the baby is held with his arms straight above by plastic shield like things, and I was holding his arms... Joshua SCREAMED the entire time... It's insane! I HATE THIS THING! But it does it's job.
Anyways, after the xray the great doctor... And I am serious in saying that, found that Joshua had bronchitis, and that he would almost call it pneumonia. So anyways they prescribe Joshua some meds, and we followed up with Joshua's ped, who said he was GREAT!!
Friday the 16th- I get sick with strep throat! YUCK!!!
Friday 23rd, John starts feeling horrible
Sunday the 25th- Joshua wakes up with a horrible DEEP cough again! OH NO I think!! But I think, maybe its just a cold!
Monday the 26th- We wake up from hardly any sleep, Joshua sounds HORRIBLE, John sounds horrible, and they both go to the walk-in-clinic...John and Joshua both have bronchitis...Arg!
Tuesday the 27th- Joshua is not sounding any better... I call his ped., they say we are doing all we can from him getting worse, and to watch that his breaths per minute dont get to 60, or he isn't retracting or his nostrils flare... After a back to back breathing treatment, he was fine for about 2 hrs.. then when I got home, it was time for another breathing treatment, and he didn't seem better afterwords, so after 5, I decide to call his ped to leave a message for the oncall ped or nurse... The reason why, is Joshua's breaths per minute was 57. Yuck.. She told us to do one more breathing treatment, and if in 20 minutes after, he was still wheezing, we needed to take him to the ER... So needless to say, we had to make yet another trip the the ER... after another visit to the radiology dept to enjoy a ride in the pigg-o-stat (the xray machine above) they did in fact see that Joshua had pneumonia in his right node! So he is on some GOOD meds now, and hopefully he will get better!!! :) Luckily we got to see the same doc he saw two weeks prior and he remembered Joshua...
** with all due respect.. The children's er is nice.. the only nasty part is the old rooms they use to put us in, and the waiting room! The rest is nice...**
So please pray for us! Please pray that the enemy would stop attacking our child with illness after illness, and when he's not sick, he's teething... Also for strength for me and John- we are exhausted. Pray that the Lord would give us increasing energy and functionablilty (is that a word?). But just pray for Joshua, that he would get a good nights rest, and wake up feeling much better, and that we can kick this illness in the butt once and for all!
~~~
On a happier note... Joshua is off the bottle.. We are slowing getting him adjusted to not using his baby bottle nipple however. We have had to search all over for a sippy cup that allows us to put the baby nipple in there.... and we found one! So no more Dr. Browns! But his lunch milk, I gave him a NUBY sippy cup that has their version of a bottle nipple on it (which he use to not take) and he drank his entire milk from it... so we are headed in the right direction. It's funny because Joshua will drink juice and water from ANY sippy cup during the day, but his milk... we have had the hardest time getting him off the bottle and bottle nipple! Crazy kid!
He is close to walking. He can bend down and pick something up real well! Also, he is getting some guts.. slowly, but he's getting there! Thanks to all that have encouraged me in that it's okay, Joshua will walk when he's ready! I am resting in the fact that the Lord, even my small request for Joshua to walk, hears me, and knows that it stresses me out, but has given me peace in knowing all is okay with Joshua, and he can walk, just not all on his own yet!
He now says door, sun, dog, ball, Sassy (my parents dog's name) bye bye- will shut ANY door, can say flower. He also recognizes duck, sun, giraffe, monkey, and elephant. When I say that, he will point to them! He is a smart Lil booger!
We are so grateful to see Joshua transform into a big boy! Thank you Jesus for our precious Joshua! :)
**for some reason, it wont let me upload any more pics... so pics coming soon**

3 comments:
Praying the fam gets better and that Joshua stays clear of all sickness!
I hope ya'll get better! I'm sorry ya'll have been so sick! Also, don't worry about Joshua walking! I was kind of the same way but, as soon as he started you kind of wish they would have waited....it's fun and all but, also it's more hard! You really have to watch them close! We went to a superbowl get together with friends and the whole time I chased Daniel around and I didn't even watch any of the game. So, it's ok and be glad where he is at! One day you'll look back when he is 15 and say I wish he was a baby again! So enjoy where he is at! :0) Your such a good mom Casey! Have fun with it and don't stress! Anyway, Hope ya'll get better! We're praying for ya'll
FYI-Pedi ER moves end of April to Lakeside & it's going to be REALLY REALLY nice & CLEAN!! The facility is gorgeous!!! Hopefully you won't have to visit, but just in case you do.
Post a Comment