So summer school is finally over, so I hope I get in the habit again of updating all of Joshua's beloved blog followers...
There are some new things about Joshua we need to fill you all in on...
- Joshua weighs 26lbs 13oz and is 34.5 inches long... yes I have a lean mean fighting machine on my hands... His 18 month well check went really well! :) No more shots (unless Flu) until he is 4
- Joshua is in a big boy bed.... Thats right, he is no longer in his crib anymore. We began to sense that he was just not sleeping very comfortably in his crib anymore. He's just gotten so big! So right before he turned 18 months, me and John moved him out of his crib and into his big boy bed. He has done FANTASTIC!!! He sleeps thru the nights and goes to bed now at about 7:45pm. I guess we were putting him to bed to late (8:45pm) and so the doctor gave me an idea to raise his bedtime routine by an hour! He also has a very VERY strict nighty night schedule that starts at 7:15... Bath, Diaper, Lotion, Brush Teeth, Read book, prayer and then bedtime.. Some nights is easier than others, but he knows what to expect now! So needless to say, we are all in better moods!
The very first time Joshua saw his bed he said.. BED!!! And this is what he did...



- 4th of July was fun! We didn't do fireworks this year because me and John felt he was still to young to brave the city fireworks, and plus we just had started his night night routine and did not want to sway from it! We got Joshua a suprise present...a wagon... he looked so patriotic!!!

- Joshua is a little toot! He has such a personality and we are falling in love with him more everyday! He is so cute!! :)

- I am off for 5 weeks before the fall semester starts, so I am making the most out of the time with Joshua! He we were this morning enjoying a morning ride and then I let him play outside because it has been so frappin hot in the afternoons!


And yes, we plan to get rid of the paci! We just wanted to wait till he got use to his new bed! We don't want to do to many firsts at once! So maybe I can update you guys later and let you know the paci went to heaven!
Also, Joshua has slowly began to show signs of being ready for potty training.. so we'll start working on that... Until next time!

3 comments:
That's awesome that he is in a big boy bed, Gavin sleeps sooo good I am worried to move him into a big bed. Does Joshua ever just wander out of his room? They need to have a play date sometime!
OH my goodness!! How big is he? I can't believe how much he is looking more and more like a little boy and less and less like a toddler. They grow up too fast! We need to get together soon b4 our world goes into a tail spin in Oct. It's coming SO VERY FAST!!
Hey Casey! Joshua is so adorable! I love the pic of him on his bed. I bet that was kinda sad to move him out of the crib, huh? I'm so glad that he is sleeping well though. That's awesome.
Love the overalls...you don't get more of an American tradition than overalls!
Post a Comment